What Are Dust Mites?
Dust mites are very tiny organisms living amongst us. We might not be aware of their presence as they measure up to 0.2 mm. Their body is almost transparent, so to detect them is next to impossible. They feed on mold and skin flakes of humans and other organisms. Such food for the mites is available plenty in our household carpets. Their presence does not matter if they were not harmful to humans. Carpet Cleaning is the most effective way of keeping them away from us, as per research.
How Harmful Are Dust Mites To Humans?
Dust mites are the primary source of many skin allergies and respiratory issues like Wheezing, Asthma, and many more. On less intense levels, they cause sneezing, cough, runny nose, facial pressure, etc.
To eliminate dust mites, we must destroy their food and shelter. There are various methods that are very effective in cleaning the carpet while eliminating dust. The one we are going to discuss is deep carpet cleaning method.
What Is Deep Carpet Cleaning?
Deep Carpet Cleaning might sound like a gimmick phrase however, there are reasons for the name. Carpets are made of multiple layers of fibers, intertwined, and sewn. When the dust from the air settles down on the carpet it is blocked by the top layer of the carpet. We can remove this top layer of dust using a vacuum cleaner. As the dust accumulates, it moves further deep inside the fiber of the carpet.
Normal Carpet Cleaning methods can not eliminate dust hiding deep inside. And their disinfecting capabilities are limited. We need deep carpet cleaning to disinfect the carpet after eliminating dust.
Steps To Deep Clean Your Carpet
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the top layer of dust and hair. Move the cleaner in all directions for good results.
- Take the steam cleaner machine. In case, if you don’t have one, you might have to contact a professional carpet cleaners in Canberra. You can also rent a steam cleaning machine. Steam cleaning is a must and it is the most effective way to disinfect the carpet.
- Fill the machine with hot water. Make sure the temperature is almost near the boiling point. Please do not add any other products like detergent or shampoo to the water. If the carpet is soiled, then you can add a little bit of white vinegar.
- There will be a button on the machine to release and suck the hot water. Hold the button to soak the carpet with hot water and then release the button to suck it back up. Spend more time in the second mode. Repeat this process until the carpet is dry.
- Leave the carpet to try for some more time. Dispose of the water collected in the machine.
Following the above steps will remove all the dust and the associated dust mites from the carpet. We suggest that you deep-clean your carpet to disinfect once in 3 months at least. Cleaner practices will also help keep germs away. If you need team of carpet cleaning experts, Clean Sleep is there to help you.